Pre-Planning Frequently Asked Questions
What is pre-planning, or pre-arrangement?
When you plan in advance, you are making choices now based on your wishes as to how your final arrangements will be carried out. Thus, you can reduce family concerns at the time of your death.
What do I need to do to preplan?
At your convenience, you can meet with a member of our staff to discuss your options and your preferences. When you make arrangements in advance, you’ll want to consider your site of choice, the committal service, and the type of permanent memorial. By making some or all of these decisions now, you give your family peace of mind, and also benefit financially.. Where does the money go that I prepay into a plan?
Once your prearrangements are made, you may prepay your funeral to secure the price at today's cost. The interest that accumulates on your funds is then used to offset inflation. We work with a number of reputable prefunding vehicles such as insurance and trusts. We guarantee that your funeral funds will be secure and protected.
What are the benifits of pre-panning?
- Peace of mind
- Relieve your survivors from the financial responsibility of funeral expenses
- Avoid possible future conflict among family members by stating your wishes in advance
- When the time comes, your family can bypass the administrative responsibilities and focus on the importance of being there for one another
- Choices can be made without the emotional strain and time constraints present at the time of death
- Planning for the future changes your perspective and helps you make the most of every day
- Your funeral plan is completely transferable. If you move out of state your funeral plan can be transferred without penalty to another funeral home. (If you pass away in another state and still plan on having services with us in Massachusetts, your family would still call us first at the time of death.)
482 Main Street, Stoneham, MA 02180 - Phone: 781-438-2280
11 Linden Street, Reading, MA 01867-2936 - Phone: 781-944-1589